Sunday, March 11, 2012

Grandma E

My Grandmother passed away on Thursday, February 23, 2012. I will miss my Grandma. I just wanted to write some memories of her and things I loved about her.

Every time I went somewhere with Grandma we would run into someone she knew. When I was young I thought it was the plan to meet them there. It wasn't until I was older that I realized that Grandma was just had a lot of friends. Grandma was very social and loved to take us with her places.

Grandma loved spending winter in St. George. When I was in college near there, it gave me the opportunity to spend time with her. One evening she took me with her to a music event with her friends. I think I was the only one there under 60. Everyone was having a great time singing along with all these old songs I didn't know.

Grandma loved my friends. She was their grandma too. She would let me bring a friend sometimes when I would sleep over at her house. We would sleep in the bear room and in the morning Grandma would make cheese toast. On the way home, Grandma would buy us a frozen yogurt.

When I was young Grandma taught me and my sister all the state capitals. It was a game we would play while driving in the car. I remember sitting by Grandma in the car and it was always my job to help her switch from her normal glasses to her sun glasses for driving.

I remember Grandma coming over to our house when we were small and doing the dishes for us. She was always looking for ways to serve.

Grandma took me everywhere! I will miss "going chasing" with her. I could go on and on. Thanks Grandma!!

1 comment:

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

loved your grandma, she was my second mom.....loved her so much