Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Newbery Books

Since I was little, I've always loved to read. I still do and I hate it when I finish a book and have to decide what to read next. I'm always asking for suggestions. My mother in law one mentioned to me that she was trying to read all the Newbery Award books. The Newbery Award is the longest running award for children's literature. It is voted upon and awarded by the American Library Association to the author of the book making the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children. The first winner was "The Story of Mankind" by Hendrik Willem von Loon way back in 1922. This is were my Newbery journey will begin. After I finish I will give a review and start another book. If you would like to join me, you can read and give your review as well. The next book will be this year's winner, "The Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman. Happy reading!
Follow my journey at www.newberyjourney.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like so much fun! Is there a website listing them all? And are you on goodreads.com? It's a lot of fun and great for getting suggestions on books! My username is nisa79.

Nishant said...

It is voted upon and awarded by the American Library Association to the author of the book making the most distinguished contribution

Work from home India